Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

2 1/2 Weeks?!?!?

Okay, the freaking out has officially begun.  It dawned on me yesterday that we must be totally out of this house in 2 1/2 weeks.  Why did August 18th seem so far away when we accepted the offer?  Yikes.

So, not only do we have to pack this house, we have to finish the new house.  Right now, we're waiting for the hardwood to de-humidify.  As soon as this happens, we can start laying it.  Hopefully, that will just take a couple days. 

Today, my job is to finish unpacking the boxes of wood, in hopes that being totally exposed will help the process.  I also need to finish all the touch-up painting.  I'm pretty sure this will take all day.  If I have any time left over, I need to try to get the girls rooms painted as well.

To add a level of difficulty, I have to head to Vancouver for a funeral on Thursday.  I'll get home Saturday morning.  I wouldn't dream of missing the funeral, it just adds another layer, you know?  We also have to find time to celebrate Sydney's 10th birthday somewhere in there.  She turns 10 tomorrow.  And here I thought the next 2 1/2 weeks will go quickly...what about the last 10 years?  Whew!  Can't dwell on that though, or I'll be in tears.  She is, after all, my baby!

So, after the wood is installed, we can start on the cabinets.  Once the cabinets are installed, we can have them come measure for the granite.  We also need to install the vanities, buy toilets, install the doorknobs and the doors, stain the front door, finish the trim, get the carpet installed, and it seems like there are about 10 new things to do every time I turn around.  I'm guessing we will be moving in without counter tops.  Which means no kitchen sink.  That should be super fun, huh?

We've already told the girls that the next couple weeks are going to be days of super late bedtimes, and little adult supervision.  I think they were slightly excited.  Wish I could be equally so...

No comments:

Post a Comment