Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SOLD!

Yes, we sold our home.  Oh my gosh!  The emotional roller coaster has just begun though.  I have such mixed emotions about the whole thing.  We love our house.  But, we also really love the new one.  I keep thinking back to all the girls "First day of school" photos that have been taken in front of the front door.  We started this tradition in Preschool!  I love going back and looking at how they've grown and changed from year to year.  Now, intellectually, I know that I can just as easily take a picture in front of the new house.  However, it's just one of those emotional moments.  It also seems weird that we won't have another Christmas in our current house.  I will even admit that I burst into tears when we got the offer.

We've lived here since Peyton was 11 months old.  Each of their birthdays have been celebrated here.  It's the only house either of the girls have ever known.  There are so many good memories here! 
The girls are seemingly unaffected by these things so far.  I do expect Sydney to have the hardest time with the transition because she takes after her mama in a lot of aspects.  (Read is "a bit resistant to change" or a "control freak") ;-)

Having said all that, we are truly thankful that the sale has worked out the way it has.  We honestly couldn't have planned the whole thing better if we tried.  (Not that we had any control over any of it, of course!)  The couple that is buying our home is from California.  They're paying cash, who does that?!  They do want the fridge (even though we explained the ice maker doesn't work) and they asked for the porch swing.  I had to say no on the swing as my dad built it for Mark and I as a wedding gift.  I think they understand.  My dad did say to give the darn thing to them if it would be a deal breaker.  Ha!



It appears as if our closing date is August 18th.  As long as the inspection is clean.  We should be done with the new house the week before that.  So, we have a little bit of time to make the move.  The girls go back to school August 24th, and that was my "hopeful" date of us being in the new house.  I think we're sneaking in under the wire with a tiny bit of breathing room.

2 comments:

  1. Yippeeeeee! How perfect is the timing? I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Meghan!What a fun adventure you are having...or at least Ms. Kelly would be proud of your beautiful writing about it--even if building a house is a lot of romanticized HARD WORK!

    ReplyDelete