Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

"We Have A Real Flushing Toilet, Mom!"

This was the message I received on my phone the other day.  As I was in Vancouver attending a funeral, Syd called and left me a voicemail.  Now, I know toilets are not super exciting to most folks, but when you've had a stupid porta-potty out in front of your house for a month or two, you'd be pretty excited about indoor plumbing too!  Now, we just need to get rid of said porta-potty AND the 20 yard dumpster that is currently sitting in our driveway.  We're totally classing up the neighborhood, dontcha think?

I arrived home today and we drove directly to the new house.  The guys were in the midst of installing the hardwood.  I must say, I love these guys!  Not only do they work cheap (beer and perhaps pizza) they are doing a great job.  Here are a couple pictures of the hardwood...


Before...
Part-way through after...













Even my dad, who came for Sydney's birthday, got in on the action.  It's now 10:30 pm and they aren't home yet.  I'm sure they are going to be exhausted.

Curtis had a bit of a set back on tiling the shower while I was gone.  Something to do with the drain.  I trust him to handle it.  Honestly, I really don't even know exactly what the problem was.  He explained it, but I'm running on 8 hours of sleep in the last two days, so I may have checked out a tiny bit during the conversation.  And really, he will make it right.

We got both girls rooms mostly painted before I had to leave.  I will admit that I had super big control freak issues leaving Mark to finish the bit of edging in Peyton's room.  I'm sure it's fine.  I actually didn't even look at it while I was there.

Speaking of toilets, we're waiting for the other three to be installed.  Along with the master vanity, and a couple other things, the toilets are hanging out in the master bedroom.  Again, super classy.





Sydney asked if she could take some pictures while we were painting.  I had to laugh at the things she chose to photograph. 
My jeans after day two of kid rooms.
I said I was a good painter, not a clean one.
The walls however look fabulous...

Her sister being goofy...
The paint pan...
Herself, of course.
Kind of a creepy one...

Daddy making sure Mommy won't kill him.
Very, very careful...

And me with the
"I need to get this done
in the next 15 minutes so I can get home, shower, pack
and catch my flight in two hours...
take the freakin' picture already!"
face...
Apparently, the hardwood will be done tonight.  Then we tackle cabinets.  That will be a huge project.  I wonder if our floor and tile guys need a beer incentive to come back?  I'd even buy the good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment