Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Friday, August 12, 2011

1 week and counting...

Today, the carpets were finished, the front door installed and all but two light fixtures are in.  It's starting to look like a real house.  Oh, and we're up to two functioning toilets now.  Yeah, baby.  Frankly, I'd be happy with two, but no, we're going to have 4 bathrooms to clean.  What was I thinking?

We're going to try and get some things moved this weekend.  I've scheduled movers to come do the heavy lifting next Wednesday.  We have to be out Wednesday so they can do the final walk-through that evening.  We close Thursday.  Oh, dear Lord...

The rest of the trim should be done this weekend.  The doors should be hung.  Doorknobs installed.  Tile finished.  Hopefully cabinets installed, as well as vanities.

I did order the granite for the kitchen today.  I also picked out a remnant for Syd's bathroom.  Unfortunately, it takes about two to three weeks for the process to be finished.  Which brings me back to things I still need to buy.  Faucets.  Ugh! 

I purchased mirrors for the bathrooms today.  As well as some miscellaneous things I tend to forget about.  You know, like a shower rod, and shower curtain.  Those would probably be helpful.  The master shower is a walk in, but in the event that the tile isn't done, we're going to need to use the main bath which requires a shower rod and curtain.

Every time I go to the store, I think "Wow, this is the last thing on my list that I really, really need."  Then something else comes up!  Just realized today that I need to add blinds to my list.  I'm sure the people in the nursing home would love to catch a glimpse of us.  On second thought, maybe blinds can wait.  I'm guessing the people in the nursing home can't see that well anyway.

It seems as this blog progresses, it gets a little crazier with each successive post.  Obviously, it's following my mental state.  I'm getting a little crazier with each passing day.  I go from super excited, to super stressed out in a matter of seconds.  So, if you've made it this far without your head exploding, congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment