Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today's post brought to you by the letter "F"...

and the makers of Advil and Prozac. ;-)



This might just be the expression of a crazy person...

Last night, my brothers-in-law Scott and Chris, and nephews Brandon and Tilson worked with Mark to get started on the cabinet build and installation.  Chris and Tilson assembled all the kitchen cabinets, while Mark and Scott worked on Syd's bathroom.  This is pretty much where the letter "F" comes into play.  Here are a few of the Tverdy boys hard at work...



And while the Tverdy boys were working, the Tverdy girls were here...

Yes, this is a couch in my driveway...

At some point, someone thought to ask "Where is Sydney?".  Well, we found her, in my closet...

She had been to a sleepover the night before.
I'm pretty sure she was sleeping for about 3 hours
before we realized we should probably wake her
 or she'd NEVER get to sleep that night.
We did take a break and go to dinner.  But by the time we finished working for the night, we were all exhausted!

Today was an equally busy, busy day.  I really want to thank my sisters-in-law Julie and Teresa, and my niece Donna for all of their help packing.  They worked like crazy and got the majority of our kitchen, garage, and bathrooms packed and loaded into the trailer.

Just a small portion of the boxes they packed today.

I'm sure it will only take me a day or two to sort out where everything is.  I am also pretty sure the "B" box will be my favorite...booze, binoculars, bulbs (as in light bulbs), and a bible.  Yes, these items were all in the same cabinet.  Weird.  Best quote of the day "All we needed was some bullets, and we'd have ourselves a crime scene". ;-)  Honestly girls, I'm so thankful for your help!

While the girls and I packed, the boys (minus Brandon who got stuck here helping the ladies) finished assembling the cabinets and installing them.  The doors all still need to be attached, but I can finally see how the kitchen will look.  It's so much nicer for me than trying to envision the final product from a piece of paper.

The guys also hauled the new appliances over.  I love them so much!  The only issue came when it was time to move the ginormous fridge in.  We ended up having to take the front door off the hinges, but in the end it fit...barely.

One last thing to mention...
If you come to my new house, you no longer have to worry about being the first one to scratch my pristine hardwood floor.  Somehow, I discovered the first scratch.  I can rest easy now...the suspense would have killed me for sure.  Here is the picture of the hardwood...I dare you to try and find the scratch. ;-)

1 comment: