Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Monday, July 18, 2011

The paint lady at Home Depot hates me...

But, really, it's not my fault!  I swear!

Went in today to buy paint.  Picked out what "sheen" I wanted, and took it to the lady.  (Insert Charlie Sheen joke of your choice here...)  When she went to get it off the shelf, she realized that they don't carry eggshell in 5 gallon buckets in medium base anymore. 

So, after her trying to talk me into a different sheen, I decided to stick with what I wanted.  This resulted in her having to mix 20 single gallons of paint.  See, it's not my fault.  If Home Depot would carry what most people request in paint, she wouldn't have had to do all that extra work!  I also had to pay the individual gallon price, so she got her revenge.  I picked up 15 gallons of trim paint for the doors, trim, and ceilings as well.  Have I mentioned that I spend a lot of freakin' money at Home Depot these days?

We've had a bit of a slow week as far as working on the house.  We had hoped to start painting this weekend, but have decided to wait until the doors and most of the trim are up.  I have a picture of the rough idea.


We've done a lot of cleaning up after all the dust created.  This was Peyton's take on "Please go vacuum your room"...

Yes, she used the vacuum to write her name.
Then went out to play.
Awesome.
Mark got a little more into his work.  The white you see on his pants is actually dust.  Well, mostly dust with a bit of primer.


Speaking of primer...

That was super fun to try to get off.  Oil based primer is definitely NOT like latex paint in the ease of removal.

But, speaking of super fun,  Nathan and Danette came over for dinner on Sunday.  Actually, they brought us dinner at the new house.  They assured us that the lack of table, chairs, and restroom were not a problem.  Dinner was great, and we so appreciated getting to take a break from working to hang out with them and eat their yummy food.

You may be able to guess that Makenna, Peyton and Sydney appreciated the vast amount of dirt they could use to make a mess. 

Thankfully, Nathan and Danette also assured us they wouldn't hold it against us.  However, their upholstery may never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment