Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Panic attack #2 (The second, and I can assure you, not the last.)

For those of you who have been reading the blog, you may remember that panic attack #1 came when I realized this was our last Christmas in our house.  The second happened yesterday when I realized the scope of what we are actually going to be doing to the new house.

Mark and I were joking about how much we were changing the new house.  I thought, well, at least we're keeping the walls.  Until I realized we weren't.  We are planning on taking down two internal walls, as well as knocking out an entire side of the house for the addition! 

With new flooring, fixtures, lighting, cabinetry, counters, windows,  and the myriad of other changes, there will be little left of the original interior.  My palms are sweating, just typing this!

I spent two hours there this last Monday with our architect.  I went room by room, noting the changes to be made.  Wow!  It's a lot. 

Part of my stress comes from picking out everything.  There are so many choices!  What if I get it all installed and then find out I hate it?  Or have crappy taste?  Or run out of money before it's done?  I mean, I watch HGTV, right?  They make it look so easy.  But, what if it's not?

Hopefully, once we have plans in hand, and have bids from builders, I can relax.  Until then, I'll just keep breathing into my paper bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment