Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Evil genius, or suburban soccer mom?

Following is an excerpt from an email our mortgage guy sent to us:

"With clients that have wells fargo bank statements, they are taking extra measures to verify the validity of those accounts internally with the bank since there have been several instances with fraudulent wells fargo bank statements being used."

So, apparently, there really are evil geniuses in the world.  I don't claim to be a genius, evil or otherwise, but they have copies of our bank statements.  I'm pretty sure one glance would let them know they weren't fraudulent.  If I was out to get them, wouldn't I make it look like we had more money?  And frankly, I think a checking and/or savings account statement is a pretty poor indicator of someones net worth.  I'm sure Donald Trump has his entire fortune nestled safely in a savings account earning, what, 0.5% interest?  Oooohhhh...

I appreciate that lenders are trying to be more careful.  I get that they screwed up in the past.  But, it seems like things are going a bit too far.  We still have to show up at closing with a check.  They will still verify funds.  How exactly could I scam them?  Wait!  Don't answer that.  I'm sure there is a way.  I'm just not genius enough to figure it out...

1 comment:

  1. I know you're an evil genius :-) I had to provide documentation of every single deposit that went into our accounts--copies of paystubs along with verification from my employer that I actually worked there and how much I made. You know I'm about to go fake a paycheck and deposit it :-)

    The kicker was I got an urgent email last Friday at 3:55 stating that they needed Del's custody and child support paperwork since he claims the kids on his taxes. . .ummmmmm, it doesn't exist since we've never been to court and both kids are with us all the time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete