Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Dirt, dust, and debris...

OK, so today, I discovered where my mess tolerance level lies. 

I honestly could not stand one more minute of our bathroom being a disaster area.  We still had all the craft paper covering the floor, which in turn had a layer of dirt, dust and other debris covering it.  There was grime covering every surface.  I understand that a house under construction will not be operating room clean, but this was ridiculous.

On a side note, I think both of my parents will find this post humorous as my tolerance level for messiness was much, much higher when I was growing up.  ;-)

As soon as the girls walked out the door for school, I armed myself with just about every cleaning product known to man.  I was a one-woman army of clean.  The first thing to go was the dang craft paper.  Of course, every time I pulled up a piece, it left behind a strip of masking tape.  This only added fuel to the fire of me wanting to conquer the crud.  I spent a good 15 minutes removing all the small strips of tape off the floor.  And the dust that accumulated from just removing the paper was awful.  Every surface needed to be scrubbed starting at the ceiling and working down. 

So, while the bathroom still isn't in pristine condition...I can actually walk in there without fear of my head exploding.  It took me a good hour, but I think I won....

Here are a couple pictures of my progress.  Obviously, there is still A LOT of work to be done, but at least it's a start.


This is actually going to be our linen cabinet.
Huge bathroom, nowhere to store towels.
Classic.
The shower. 
Tile turned out great, thanks to Curtis!

Still need to hang the mirrors,
as well as finish (or start and finish) the back splash.


No comments:

Post a Comment