Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Tile Removal ain't for sissies...

Thankfully, one member of our demolition duo isn't a sissy.  The other member, well, most people just call her "Meg". 

We spent a super fun 3 hours at the new house yesterday removing tile from the kitchen floor.  This may just be the suckiest job so far.  We rented the tile removal jack-hammer thing, but it still took forever!  I was mainly on clean-up duty as power tools and I don't get along very often.  I kept thinking Mark would find his groove eventually, but with tile, I think there is no groove.  It's just a lot of work, plain and simple.  I still have to go over and finish my clean-up duties. 

The worst part of this whole scenario is that we still have more tile to remove!  We haven't started on the two bathrooms yet.  UGH!

Still waiting for our contractors to get back to us with bids.  Hopefully, that will happen this week and then we can choose one and move on to the permit process.  After that, we start construction.  Yay!!!

I think I'll close with some more photos. 



Syd's first demolition experience, bye-bye pantry!




Safety first...


Just a little dust
 
After we removed the pantry.






No comments:

Post a Comment