Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I wear my sunglasses at night...

Last year, we had our house on the market because we had a contingency offer on another home.  Once the deal fell through, we decided we would stay in our current home and quit looking.  Well, we all know how that turned out, right?

Anyway, once we decided we were staying put, I told the girls I would paint their rooms however they wanted.  Following, is what they chose.

Peyton's choice...

You can see that Peyton opted for a striking lime green.  We added the circles because she "thought they looked cool".  Okay, I could live with this.

Next, you will see what Sydney chose.  Be prepared, it's not for the feint of heart...

Syd's choice...


Truly, this photo does not do it justice.  In reality, it is much, much more obnoxious.  Think Vegas Showgirls dressing room on crack!  I cannot believe I actually spent a whole day stenciling pink zebra print on the already garish pink walls.  Ah, the things we do for our children.  And, honestly, they really, really love their rooms.  I just have no idea how they actually are able to sleep!

However, people being what they are, I can imagine that this is not to everyone's taste.  Therefore, I have taken it under advisement that I would be wise to "tone it down" to something more in line with more basic tastes.  So, goodbye bordello, hello beige.  The painting will commence tomorrow.  Right now, I think I must go lie down.  I seem to have a splitting headache...must have forgotten my sunglasses.  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I like their rooms but can see how you might have to tone it down once it's on the market :-)

    and um, I thought you said you were messy? Those rooms look pretty neat to me.

    ReplyDelete