Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Monday, May 9, 2011

The good and bad of a farm-boy husband...

Some of the qualities my husband acquired growing up on a farm are very impressive.  His amazing work ethic, kindness towards animals, patience, and his ability to fix almost anything, are but a few.

On the other hand...there are a couple qualities that make me want to throttle him.  Tonight, while working on the house, he tore what appears to be, most of the pad of one of his fingers off.  Did he wash it out?  Put on anti-bacterial ointment?  Nope.  He wrapped a dirty napkin around it and applied pressure with a band-aid.  Then, he put on his gloves (which he should have been wearing anyway) to make sure the band-aid didn't fall off.  Two hours later, he came home and finally washed it with soap and water.  Now, I'm not really vindictive, but it did give me a small amount of pleasure to see him hopping around, trying not to swear, when the soap hit the wound.  But, really, I'm not vindictive.  ;-)

I'm guessing said wound should probably have stitches.  I'm also guessing that my husband would rather his finger fall off than go to the doctor for the fore mentioned stitches.  I'm pretty sure that it was a nail that punctured his finger.  He will be going for a tetanus shot tomorrow.  Unfortunately, since I can't remember when my last tetanus shot was, so will I. 

Sometimes, it sucks to be right...

2 comments:

  1. If he continues to rip the pads off his fingers, it could lead to a new career or hobby as a Yegg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you know the word "yegg" is disturbing. He got his tetanus shot and so did I. He's now sporting a splint on his middle finger...I'm sure he will put it to good use! They did say stitches would have been a good idea...

    ReplyDelete