Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another Brick in The Wall...

We have walls!  Well, kind of.  We have two by fours.  The framing is done!  We get trusses on Wednesday.  After that, they can get things weather tight.  We should have all the electrical and plumbing done in the next few weeks. 

The new addition...How do you like what we've done with the yard? 
Classy, isn't it?

Unfortunately with them moving so quickly, that means we need to get busy on the existing portion of the house. 
I'm struggling with picking hardwood.  I love the look of dark wood, but am still on the fence that it's the choice I want to live with for the next however many years.  Mark is absolutely NO help!  I think he's afraid I'll blame him if I hate it.  That, or make him change it.  :-)
I've picked out the flooring for the rest of the house.  Interior paint color is narrowed down to four.  And frankly, if you would have seen the bundle of nearly identical paint swatches I started with, you'd be super impressed.  Who knew there we so many shades that were so similar, yet vastly different? 
I've also, picked out tile for our master shower.  That was a bit of an ordeal as well.  I originally decided against tile, as we aren't super great on upkeep.  But, the "tile guy" assures me that the grout they will be using lets NOTHING grow.  I say, Perfect!  I'm actually pretty excited about the tile I chose.  It's a bit different since we'll be doing 9"x18" subway style tiles.  I kind of love it.  Now, I'm hoping the tile guy isn't shining me on about the grout.  :-)
I still have yet to figure out the vanity for the master.  I also need to find a 6 foot bathtub.  Apparently, most bath-takers are super short.  I don't even want anything super fancy.  Just a plain white tub, with a front apron.  No jets, no bells and whistles.
I was thinking the other day that maybe I could start painting in the existing portion.  I'm itching to get the ball rolling again after Mark's last business trip.  But, as I got to thinking about painting, I realized there is only one room that I could potentially paint.  All of the others are going through some sort of transformation.  Whether it's new drywall, or moving electrical, or knocking a wall out for the addition, there is just the guest room that isn't changing.  As far as paint, it is definitely the one room that needs it the most.  See below...

How would you like to wake up to this?  Yikes!
One last shot.  These little guys were swimming in the canal this morning.  It was a Mama duck, the Daddy duck and 7 babies.  So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment