Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Boys and Their Toys

Wow, it's really been almost two months since I updated my blog.  Shame on me!  Whatever could I have been doing that I didn't have time to blog?  Ha ha.

Let's see...where to begin?  Most of the work on the inside of the house is done.  We still have a bit of tile work and some touch up painting to do.  I think we (mostly me) got burnt out on house stuff.  So, the painting is still going to wait a little while.  I'm calling it a "Winter Project".  The tile is waiting until our tile guy is free.  It's great on one hand, he gives us a discount by working around his other job.  However, since his other job is super busy, we wait.  Which is okay.  I definitely like having a bit of reserve building up in our savings account again. 

One of the inside projects we just finished was installing the stained glass above the water closet door in the master bathroom.  When they framed the door, they didn't go all the way to the ceiling for some reason.  We had them leave it, and decided to figure out something cool to put there.  This is our solution.


I think it turned out pretty cool!

This weekend, Mark and his friend Mark, (Ha!) brought over the tractor and dump truck from "the other Mark's" house.  We've had this huge dirt pile out in our front yard since excavation took place. 



We weren't sure where we were going to put it, but finally decided to put it out on the weed patch, um, I mean back yard.  Well, the back yard where there is no grass, only weeds and the barn and chicken coop.  We are really, really good at growing monster weeds!


My husband definitely looks at home on a tractor, doesn't he?
Hopefully, this project will get done soon.  I think they only two that are enjoying it are Mark, and our dog Macie.

We hosted our first real dinner party last night.  It was so much easier having more room.  We are also hosting Thanksgiving this year.  Yikes!  It's no secret that I am not a huge fan of cooking, so to take on a whole Thanksgiving dinner seems a bit crazy.  But, hopefully, I'm up to the challenge.

And now, it's time to go drag my darling husband off of his tractor.  I hope he doesn't throw a tantrum...

No comments:

Post a Comment