Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The kitchen is closed...

I have never in my life been so glad to see something gone!  We finally got the cabinets removed from the kitchen.  It was definitely not an easy task.  One of us even ended up in tears.  I'll let you guess which one.  ;-)  Mark promptly informed me that there is no crying allowed in remodeling.  Unless you drop something really, really heavy on yourself.  Whatever.

Here is a picture of Mark trying to figure out the easiest and best way to remove the cabinets.


He's such an engineer!  My plan was to just sledge hammer them to death.  Which in the end is what it came down to.  They were not the most cooperative of inanimate objects.

Sydney brought a bit of comic relief to the day.  Mark knocked down a cabinet and as he was lowering it, it hit Syd in the arm.  She yelled "I'm hit, I'm hit!"  You'd have thought we were in a battle.  As soon as I stopped laughing (possibly while I was still laughing) I was able to determine she was fine.  You'll see that the sparkly bandaids can fix just about anything.


Unfortunately, we'll have to change our sign to read "0 days injury free", as any injury requiring a bandaid counts.


1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work and take it easy on our little soldier. We could just hear her say "I'm hit, I'm hit". That is so Sydney! We haven't stopped laughing yet.

    ReplyDelete