Definitely, over our heads.

Let's hope we all survive!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Genius!

The person who invented the belt feed screw gun has got to be one of my favorite people ever!  We are replacing the sub-flooring throughout the existing portion of the house.  I can't imagine what a chore this would be if not for the fabulous screw gun.  Really, it's quite a chore with it, so without might be unbearable.

Apparently, I've earned my stripes.  I've been allowed to use the screw gun, as well as the circular saw.  I can't say I'd be mistaken for a professional, but I'm holding my own.  :-)

This week, we are finalizing bids on siding, roofing, and flooring.  Basically, we have visions of our checking account dwindling faster than the hands of a clock.  I keep telling Mark that it's okay, he can just make more money.  He's starting to lose his ability to appreciate my humor, I'm afraid.  Good thing I still think I'm funny...

The electrician is nearly done.  The plumber should be finished tomorrow, I think.  The roofers were scheduled to come this week, but as we haven't received the bid, I'm not super comfortable with them starting.

I have to admit, as much as I love working on the house, I sometimes feel like life is spiraling out of control.  It seems we're running here and there, and never have a chance to stop and appreciate the coolness of the project.  Thankfully, Jim is good at calming my fears.  Notice I said Jim, and not Mark.  Frankly, that's because I see our contractor more than I see my husband.  ;-)   Actually, they're both pretty good at handling my neuroses.  They are also getting pretty skilled at heading off my panic attacks.  They probably both deserve hazard pay..

No comments:

Post a Comment